Data Scientist – MENA Jobs [Amazon Careers Dubai]
Amazon Careers Dubai; Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is one of the Big Five companies in the U.S. information technology industry, along with Google, Apple, Meta, and Microsoft.
|Title||Data Scientist – MENA Jobs [Amazon Careers Dubai]|
|Job Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
Amazon Careers Dubai Available Job Details
Data Scientist – MENA
- Job: Full Time
- Location: Dubai, UAE
Are you interested in building the next-generation services that will redefine shopping in Middle East? We are disrupting the local shopping experience and looking for talented data scientist to design and build a new product, ground-up.
We are looking for data scientist with 3+ years of solid experience in solving complex problems using machine learning and data science. As a data scientist, you will provide machine learning expertise that helps accelerate the business. You will build various data and machine learning models that help us innovate different ways to enhance customer experience. You will need to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment. We like to move fast, experiment, iterate and then scale quickly, thoughtfully balancing speed and quality.
Key job responsibilities;
- Manage your own process: identify and execute on high impact projects, triage external requests, and make sure you bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful.
- Apply state-of-the-art Machine Learning methods to large amounts of data from different sources to build and operationalize abuse prevention, detection and mitigation solutions.
- Deep dive on the problems using SQL and scripting languages like Python/R to drive short term and long term solutions leveraging Statistical Analysis.
- Collaborate closely with the development team to recommend and build innovations based on Data Science.
- Collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of relevant experience
- Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python/Perl, R/Matlab, Java, C/C++, Scala Problem solving ability
- Deep understanding of Statistical Analysis, Modeling and Machine Learning techniques.
- Hands-on professional experience with applying machine learning and other data science techniques to identify anomalous behavior patterns (e.g., user or machine anomalies) in a production environment
- Experience with extracting, cleaning, and transforming data and working with data owners to understand the data
- Professional experience using database languages, such as SQL, and common data scientist software development and statistical analysis tools (e.g., Python, R)
- Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems and drive change.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
- 3+ years of experience as Machine Learning Scientists, Data Scientists and/or Business Intelligence Engineers
- Track record of implementing and deploying large scale machine learning applications and tools
- Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and solutions at a level appropriate for technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience and proficiency with AWS technologies (EC2, CloudTrail, S3, SageMaker, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, etc.) and Big Data technologies.
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
- 1+ year of work experience in applying data science to physical security, network security, or abuse related problems