Carpenter cum Painter | Home Furniture & Kitchen | IKEA | Dubai Festival City | Dubai Al-Futtaim Latest Vacancy
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are to represent IKEA brand at the required level and maintain store standards to the required level.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Higher School / Trade School Graduate.
- 6 – 8 years’ experience as a carpenter.
- Good experience in Finishing Carpentry, metal and wood works, painting, wall construction and floor covering, electrical and mechanical maintenance.
- Good written and verbal English
- Good written and verbal Arabic is preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- Team player
- Personal leadership skills
- Continuous Improvement approach.
About the Position
We are currently looking for a Carpenter for our Store at Dubai Festival City. As a Carpenter, you will be responsible for all the technical construction of all carpentry and paint work in the store, repair of merchandise and store assets and in the proper maintenance of showroom furniture and fixtures, as directed by the Com-In Manager.
Key specific accountabilities:
- Undertake and carry out the company’s carpentry and other maintenance requirements as outlined by the workshop Coordinator and/ or Com-in Manager.
- Assist the Interiors Designer/VM/Activity teams as required during store remodeling or the catalogue launch planning, in carpentry related work; schedule and complete the comIn team’s needs to meet deadlines.
- Liaise with the Workshop Coordinator and / or Com-In Manager to determine the scope of routine maintenance required and carry out the work as required.
- Draw up a list of materials and equipment, when required, on all work to be performed and submit it to the Workshop Coordinator.
- Set up or dismantle store and back-office fixtures, as well as handle their maintenance and repair.
- Repair damaged carpentry & paint work when necessary and support in providing technical assistance to customers as and when required.
- Ensure safety at all times while working in any area of the store (Selling & non-Selling areas) and take action when needed.
- Minimize cost by maximizing/reusing materials and resources.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.