India Post Office Recruitment 2023 notification announced for the Gramin Dak Sevaks. There are 30041 vacancies available for the above-mentioned posts. Candidates with a 10th pass qualification are eligible to apply for the job. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the job. The detailed eligibility and selection process are explained below;
India Post Office Recruitment 2023
India Post is generally called a post office among people and works under the Department of Posts and the Ministry of Communication. Its headquarters is in Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi. Its located in 155,015 places across the country. India Post Payments Bank(IPPB) is a subsidiary of India Post. India Post has various postal circles across the country. It has various opportunities like Staff Driver, Post Man, Multi Tasking Staff(MTS), Postal Assistant, Mail Guard, and Gramin Dak Sevak(GDS). Candidates who completed Matriculation/10th qualification can join various vacancies in the Post Office. Delhi/ Andhra Pradesh/Telangana circle job notification for GDS has been released. Candidates check the Post Office vacancies at indiapost.gov.in >> Opportunities section. The details are given below.
India Post Office Recruitment 2023 for Gramin Dak Sevaks
|Job Role||BPM/ABPM/Dark Sevak|
|Total Vacancies||30041 Posts|
|Salary||Rs 10,000 – 29,380/Month|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date||23 August 2023|
- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard having passed in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of GDS.
- The applicant should have studied the local language, i.e., (Name of Local language) at least up to Secondary standard [as compulsory or elective subjects]
- Other Qualification:
- Knowledge of computer
- Knowledge of cycling
- Adequate means of livelihood
The Job Profile of the Branch Post Master:
- Day to day postal operations of Branch Post Office (B.O) and India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) in the manner as prescribed by the Department from time to time.
- Marketing and promotions of products and services being provided by the Department and operating various services in the Customer Services Centres (CSC) of the Department etc.
- In the single-handed BOs, BPMs have the overall responsibility of smooth and timely functioning of the Office, including mail conveyance and mail delivery.
- In the BOs other than single-handed, the BPMs may be assisted by ABPM(s). However, BPM will be required to do combined duties of ABPM(s) as and when ordered or in the case of non-availability of ABPM (s). Any other work may also be assigned by superiors like Mail Overseer (M.O)/Inspector Post (IPO) / Assistant Superintendent of Post (ASPO)/ Superintendent of Post offices (SPOs) /Senior Superintendent of Post Office (SSPOs) etc
The Job Profile of Assistant Branch Post Master:
- Sale of stamps/stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail at doorstep, exchange the mail with account office etc. deposits/payments/other transactions of IPPB.
- To assist BPM in postal operations in a manner as prescribed by the Department from time to time.
Marketing and promotions of products and services being provided by Department and operating various services in the Customer Services’ Centres (CSC) of the Department etc.
- ABPM may also be required to do combined duties of the BPM as and when ordered or in case of non-availability of BPM in addition to his/her regular duties.
- Any other work assigned by superiors like MO/IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs etc.
The Job Profile of Dak Sevak:
- Sale of stamps/stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail at doorstep, deposits/payments/other transactions of IPPB and any other duties assigned by Postmaster/Sub Postmaster.
- Dak Sevaks may have to work in sorting offices of Railway Mail Service (RMS).
- Dak Sevaks in the Mail offices will handle receipt- dispatch of mail bags, transhipment of bags etc.
- Dak Sevaks will also assist Post Masters/Sub Postmasters in managing the smooth functioning of Departmental Post Offices and do marketing, business procurement or any other work assigned by the Post Master or IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs/SRM/SSRM etc
Age Limit ( As on 23 August 2023 ): 18 – 40 years
- Schedule Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) – 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) – 3 years
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) -No relaxation
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) – 10 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC – 13 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST – 15 years
- BPM: Rs.12,000-29,380/-
- ABPM/Dark Sevak: Rs.10,000-24,470/-
No. of. Vacancies(State-wise): 30041 Posts
|CIRCLE NAME||LANGUAGE NAME||NO. OF. POSTS|
|North Eastern||Bengali/Kak Barak||115|
- The applicants will be shortlisted for engagement on the basis of a system-generated merit list.
- The Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained/ conversion of Grades/Points to marks (as explained in sub paras – iii to ix below) in the Secondary School Examination of 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals.
- Passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory.
- The list of applicants shortlisted for engagement will be released by the department on its website and GDS Online Portal.
- Applicants are advised to visit the website/Portal on regular basis for latest updates.
How to apply for India Post Office Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online before 23 August 2023
- Registration and submission of online applications by candidates: 03.08.2023 to 23.08.2023
- Edit/Correction Window for Applicants: 24.08.2023 to 26.08.2023