Telco Account Manager | About Amazon: Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It has been referred to as “one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world”, and is one of the world’s most valuable brands.
|Title||Telco Account Manager| Amazon Careers Dubai 2022|
|Hiring Organization||Amazon UAE|
|Job Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
Telco Account Manager – Africa
Job: Full Time
Location: Dubai, UAE
The Account Manager – Telco, will be responsible for providing business leadership and management of this account. You will build and maintain key relationships, develop and manage opportunities, monitor deployment projects and engage virtual resources. You will define a CXO relationship strategy within the account, including engaging with AWS senior leadership team for executive sponsorships, coordinating executive business reviews, and maintaining customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities: The Account Manager – Telco is responsible for teaming with the customer’s IT Organization to build strategic relationships across the account, and articulating a clear vision and generating enthusiasm, while impacting all business groups.
The role is responsible for selling at the most strategic level within the account and implementing a broad strategy for earning customer acceptance and service implementation.
The Account Manager – Telco will work with all appropriate AWS resources (Executives, Solution Architects, Business Development, Marketing, Partners, Support, Service teams and Professional Services) to support customer interests. This includes dotted line responsibility for downstream sales and technical resources that may be geographically distributed.
Development of formal case studies and other forms of references highlighting activity and workloads running on AWS is core to the role.
- Basic qualifications
- The candidate must have 12+years’ experience working with a Telco organization as lead Account and Relationship Manager.
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills are required.
- Candidate must possess demonstrated decision making, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Experience selling into or working for a large Telco or Media company is strongly preferred.
- A BA or BS degree in computer science, engineering, business, marketing, or related field (MBA preferred) or relevant work experience in large telco accounts.
- Additional experiences to include: experience in large complex deal negotiations with a successful track record; ability to navigate across AWS and the customer in a trusted advisor/consultative approach; and, establishing credibility quickly with senior level executives across the organizations.
- A strong understanding of AWS and/or technology as a service (Iaas, SaaS, PaaS) is preferred.
This role will be based from Dubai, but will require time spent in Africa , as well as regular travel.